Monday, March 14, 2011

Photoshop

“Now you're in New York
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you”

For this assignment, we were given the freedom to take any of our photographs and enhance or transform it with all the techniques that we learned in Photoshop. These techniques include gradients, copy and paste method, blending images, thresholds, playing with the hue and saturation, and working with color filters. After learning all of these techniques, Photoshop has been something that I have turned to in able to fix minor or major details in my photographs.
            The photograph that I started with was of the signs of musicals with part of Broadway Street. To transform this photo I duplicated the layer five times then played with the thresholds. In order to get the best end product, I raised each threshold by twenty between each layer. I then pulled up a movement photograph that I took in New York of two taxis driving by me as I was standing on the side walk. I made sure that the two images were the same size before I blended the movement photograph into my original one. I used a layer blending option called “pin light” with an opacity of eighty percent. I then opened another layer and used the gradient tool to place a red-orange color effect to the top of my photograph. After, I played with the curves of the top layer in order to enhance the colors of my photographs. At this point I felt that I was done editing my photo but after I looked at it for a few minutes I felt that something was missing. I then decided to blend in another image. This time I used the same process as earlier but blended in a photo that I took of Times Square. For this picture I used the “overlay” blending option with an opacity of fifty percent. It was then that I felt that my Photoshop piece was complete.
            This was one of my favorite assignments by far because Photoshop allows you to create your own transformations and each time you can produce a different end product. I really enjoyed playing with this program because I felt that it can truly make a great photographs even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment